* Gnoga on Windows 10
@ 2015-08-02  3:04 David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2015-08-02  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've tested windows 10 using TDM-GCC 5.1 (64 bit windows) and msysgit shell as well as the built in command prompt, in both cases all built and ran properly (less the sql examples and python 2.7 examples since I don't have build for those windows lib around). In both cases build time was much faster on Windows 10 then 8 (using same gcc version) and in fact was outpacing the linux builds on the same machine for the first time ever.

My tests ran with out issue.

Of course Gnoga runs with out issue on any platform that supports FSF GNAT 4.7 (and also has run time support for gnat sockets) and above including Raspberry Pi, Linux, *BSD, Windows 32 and 64 bits, Mac OSX, etc.

David Botton

* Re: Gnoga on Windows 10
@ 2015-08-02  5:12 ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2015-08-02  5:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've modified the Gnoga Makefile to now build a static libsqlite3.a as part of its build, so now that is available with Windows as well out of the box and works well.

David Botton

* Re: Gnoga on Windows 10
@ 2015-08-02 16:03   ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2015-08-02 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Saturday, August 1, 2015 at 10:12:58 PM UTC-7, David Botton wrote:
> I've modified the Gnoga Makefile to now build a static libsqlite3.a as part of its build, so now that is available with Windows as well out of the box and works well.

Great job David. Now, I can resume to study all those tutorials involved sqlite3 db for Windows.

Anh Vo

* Re: Gnoga on Windows 10
@ 2015-08-02 16:17   ` Dmitry A. Kazakov
From: Dmitry A. Kazakov @ 2015-08-02 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 1 Aug 2015 22:12:55 -0700 (PDT), David Botton wrote:

> I've modified the Gnoga Makefile to now build a static libsqlite3.a as
> part of its build, so now that is available with Windows as well out of
> the box and works well.

Why? You could simply insert the C-source into your Ada project. All
SQLite3 is just sqlite3.h" and sqlite3.c.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov

* Re: Gnoga on Windows 10
@ 2015-08-02 19:07     ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2015-08-02 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Why? You could simply insert the C-source into your Ada project. All
> SQLite3 is just sqlite3.h" and sqlite3.c.

I know, I am using the sqlite3 files from your simple_components :)

David Botton

* Re: Gnoga on Windows 10
@ 2015-08-04  4:18       ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2015-08-04  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

It seems fairly easy to use use the Python bindings on Windows as well with Gnoga. (Gnoga offers a simple optional binding to Python 2.7 for complex template parsing).

Simply install the correct version of Python for your build environment (32 or 64 bit) from https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-2710/

Then copy C:\Python27\libs\libpython27.a ..pathtognoga..gnoga\lib\libpython2.7.a

David Botton