From: brbarkstrom@gmail.com
Subject: Re: How to do basic debugging with Ada?
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2015 19:43:21 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2015-01-04T19:43:21-08:00	[thread overview]

On Sunday, January 4, 2015 9:52:53 PM UTC-5, John Smith wrote:
> Hello,
>
> All the way in the bottom is a simple hello world application. I compile it using gnatmake hello_world.  However, when I load it in gdb and try to set a breakpoint on the first output line, I get a message saying that the symbol table is not loaded.  If I'm missing a step, what is it?
>

> with Ada.Text_IO; use Ada.Text_IO;
>
> procedure hello_world3 is
> begin
>   Put_Line("Hello, world!");
>   New_Line;
>   Put_Line("I am an Ada program with package use.");
> end hello_world3;
Assuming you're using AdaCore GNAT gps, check the flags so that
debug is on.  Start by opening up the "Edit Project" popup.  Then,
go through that systematically and turn on all the flags that have
to do with debug.  Make sure whereever you can turn on a debug info
switch, you have them active.  You may also need to recompile with
debug active.  Hope this is helpful.

Bruce B.