* Vads Ada
@ 2004-06-04 13:43 Xenos
From: Xenos @ 2004-06-04 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is any one currently using Rational's VADS Ada with Tornado 2.0.2?

DrX

* Re: Vads Ada
@ 2004-06-04 15:35 ` Jeff C,
From: Jeff C, @ 2004-06-04 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Xenos" <dont.spam.me@spamhate.com> wrote in message
> Is any one currently using Rational's VADS Ada with Tornado 2.0.2?
>
> DrX

Sin ce VADS was End of Lifed many years ago, the answer is probably no. We
use VADS for tornado
1.0.1? (vxWorks 5.3.1 for sure..whatever tornado that is) and even that is
pushing it. The debugger pretty much stopped working on the transition from
vxWorks 5.2 to 5.3

I would strongly recommend an upgrade to GNAT, Greenhils or Apex Embedded.
Depending on your target there might be one or two more options available as
well.

* Re: Vads Ada
@ 2004-06-04 16:38   ` Xenos
From: Xenos @ 2004-06-04 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Jeff C," <jcreem@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Xenos" <dont.spam.me@spamhate.com> wrote in message
> > Is any one currently using Rational's VADS Ada with Tornado 2.0.2?
> >
> > DrX
> >

> Sin ce VADS was End of Lifed many years ago, the answer is probably no. We
> use VADS for tornado
> 1.0.1? (vxWorks 5.3.1 for sure..whatever tornado that is) and even that is
> pushing it. The debugger pretty much stopped working on the transition
from
> vxWorks 5.2 to 5.3
>
> I would strongly recommend an upgrade to GNAT, Greenhils or Apex Embedded.
> Depending on your target there might be one or two more options available
as
> well.

We are making a push to move to GNAT, but for awhile we are stuck supporting
VADS.  The debugger works fine, even with 5.3.1, you just have to manually
enable RDB in the kernel.  I got source from WRS for RDB and have it working
for 5.4, but beyond that its problematic because the VADS Ada kernel is
looking for a symbol which doesn't exist in later versions of our BSP.  We
are trying to assess how to best deal with this.  As I stated earier, for
now we are stuck with VADS but need to upgrade the hardware, which required
an upgrade of our BSP, which will kill support for VADS.  A catch-22 I had
hoped some other group has dealt with before.

Thanks for responding,

DrX