From: David Botton <david@botton.com>
Subject: Re: Gnoga Callback Handlers with user data
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 16:50:31 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2015-11-22T16:50:31-08:00	[thread overview]

> In your tutorial tutorial_04.adb we have :
>       App : App_Access := App_Access (Object.Connection_Data);

Yes that is a feature of Gnoga that you can associate data with a connection (not the specific control in this case). You could for example then just do the Unique_ID comparisons with the potential buttons you reused the handler for.

You could also just associate arbitrary data with the buttons by setting attributes on them using My_Button.Attribute or subclass the buttons, use the ID in a map, etc. etc.

The beauty of Gnoga is that it is not a binding like GtkAda but an actual Ada framework from the ground up so there is a wide range of possibilities of how to design your application and accomplish any give goal.

If Ada will ever have a future beyond little black boxes, it is with Gnoga which leverages JS and HTML5 the way almost all modern cross platform (even native) apps are designed now. Just wish I had the time to do the needed development to get GNAT on to modern backends needed for client side development.

> Yes I should but by writting here I wanted to show my interest for your project to others.
> Does it hurt ?

No not at all :) Just there are many people on the Gnoga list that do not read CLA and was concerned about you getting fast answers, but certainly can ask here.

David Botton