From: sjw <simon.j.wright@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Interfacing Ada with Ada
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 14:15:47 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2009-12-02T14:15:47-08:00	[thread overview]

On Dec 2, 2:54 pm, dhenry <tfc.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to interface Ada code compiled with an older compiler
> (gnat 3.14) and for which I just have specs (ads), objects and ali
> files (so I can't recompile it), with Ada code compiled with a newer
> compiler (gnat 2009), and for which I have all the sources?

Your problem (well, one of them!) is going to be with getting
elaboration right.

Then there's differences between the runtimes expected by generated
code.

For the elaboration problem, do you have enough 3.14 artefacts to
allow you to run the 3.14 binder? You could maybe make a library out
of the 3.14 code (+ 3.14 runtime)?

Not sure how much reliance I'd want to place on the result.