* Gnatcoll SQL Question on the use of Like or iLike
@ 2014-10-24 23:08 NiGHTS
From: NiGHTS @ 2014-10-24 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I can't find any examples on how to use Like or iLike using the Gnatcoll Library.

This is how I do a search with exact text.

Query_Select := SQL_Select (
    Fields => mydb.Applications.Id_Application & mydb.Applications.Name,
    From   => mydb.Applications,
    Where  => mydb.Applications.Name = "test";

But in this case I want to use the SQL string wildcard with case insensitive filtering.

Query_Select := SQL_Select (
    Fields => mydb.Applications.Id_Application & mydb.Applications.Name,
    From   => mydb.Applications,
    Where  => mydb.Applications.Name ILike "%test%";

That of course does not work. Also tried this:

Query_Select := SQL_Select (
    Fields => mydb.Applications.Id_Application & mydb.Applications.Name,
    From   => mydb.Applications,
    Where  => mydb.Applications.Name.ILike("%test%");

Does not work either. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

* Re: Gnatcoll SQL Question on the use of Like or iLike
@ 2014-10-26 20:00 ` NiGHTS
From: NiGHTS @ 2014-10-26 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, October 24, 2014 7:08:50 PM UTC-4, NiGHTS wrote:
> I can't find any examples on how to use Like or iLike using the Gnatcoll Library.
>
> This is how I do a search with exact text.
>
> Query_Select := SQL_Select (
>     Fields => mydb.Applications.Id_Application & mydb.Applications.Name,
>     From   => mydb.Applications,
>     Where  => mydb.Applications.Name = "test";
>
> But in this case I want to use the SQL string wildcard with case insensitive filtering.
>
> Query_Select := SQL_Select (
>     Fields => mydb.Applications.Id_Application & mydb.Applications.Name,
>     From   => mydb.Applications,
>     Where  => mydb.Applications.Name ILike "%test%";
>
> That of course does not work. Also tried this:
>
> Query_Select := SQL_Select (
>     Fields => mydb.Applications.Id_Application & mydb.Applications.Name,
>     From   => mydb.Applications,
>     Where  => mydb.Applications.Name.ILike("%test%");
>
> Does not work either. Any suggestions?
>

> Thanks in advance for your help.

I figured out how to use iLike with Gnatcoll.

use GNATCOLL.SQL;
use GNATCOLL.SQL.Exec;

Query_Select := SQL_Select (
    Fields => mydb.Applications.Id_Application & mydb.Applications.Name,
    From   => mydb.Applications,
    Where  => iLike( mydb.Applications.Name, "test")
);