From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Subject: Re: container cursor type cannot be tagged
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 09:28:16 +0200
Date: 2014-08-29T09:28:16+02:00	[thread overview]

On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 15:25:59 -0500, Randy Brukardt wrote:

> If it was me, I'd put a container parameter on every operation (which would
> be the prefix), and cursors would work soley like array indexes.

Huh, remember our discussion about cursor/iterator being a bad idea?

That is another of multiple reasons why. Cursor tend to become a full class
with descendants and primitive operations which ends up in multiple
dispatch, for whatever reason not available. An index almost always can be
a "final" type which makes everything a lot easier.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov