* GNAT gps doesnot starts anymore
@ 2011-04-16 10:15 ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2011-04-16 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I run into a problem. All at a sudden when I start GNAT GPS the program
aborts directly after the intro screen. I don't get the atrt screen for
choosing the project anymore.
I have tried various ways to repair this
1. Start the computer up again
2. Check if Malware could be the reason
3. Uninstall gps, download the newest version and install this
4. After Uninstalling deleted as much register keys that were obvious left
after uninstalling as possible.
Neither of these methods worked.
It looks like that still something is left somewhere, maybe some registerkey
that is not easy to find, or a file with parameters such as an ini file.
Is there anyone who can bring some light in the darkness

Bertus

* Re: GNAT gps doesnot starts anymore
@ 2011-04-16 11:01 ` tonyg
From: tonyg @ 2011-04-16 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Apr 16, 11:15 am, "ldries46" <bertus.dr...@planet.nl> wrote:
> I run into a problem. All at a sudden when I start GNAT GPS the program
> aborts directly after the intro screen. I don't get the atrt screen for
> choosing the project anymore.
> I have tried various ways to repair this
> 1. Start the computer up again
> 2. Check if Malware could be the reason
> 3. Uninstall gps, download the newest version and install this
> 4. After Uninstalling deleted as much register keys that were obvious left
> after uninstalling as possible.
> Neither of these methods worked.
> It looks like that still something is left somewhere, maybe some registerkey
> that is not easy to find, or a file with parameters such as an ini file.
> Is there anyone who can bring some light in the darkness
>
> Bertus

What operating system are you using? Windows, ubuntu , debian?
You could always try a different operating system with virtual box -
what ever you start with. I have been using gnat-gps for some time now
with ubuntu and the latest versions seem to work well.

* Re: GNAT gps doesnot starts anymore
@ 2011-04-17  9:24   ` ldries46
From: ldries46 @ 2011-04-17  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using Windows 7 (64 bits). It's the only system I have available The
problem is so strange because it the program ha always been working correct,
also earlier versions as well of the program as of the operating system.
There even has been no update between closing the last time I closed the
program and the next time I wanted to open it. It seems to me that somehow
something corrupted a initiation file or a key in the register.

Bertus

@ 2011-04-21  6:57 ` Julian Leyh
From: Julian Leyh @ 2011-04-21  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 16 Apr., 12:15, "ldries46" <bertus.dr...@planet.nl> wrote:
> I run into a problem. All at a sudden when I start GNAT GPS the program
> aborts directly after the intro screen. I don't get the atrt screen for
> choosing the project anymore.
> I have tried various ways to repair this
> 1. Start the computer up again
> 2. Check if Malware could be the reason
> 3. Uninstall gps, download the newest version and install this
> 4. After Uninstalling deleted as much register keys that were obvious left
> after uninstalling as possible.
> Neither of these methods worked.
> It looks like that still something is left somewhere, maybe some registerkey
> that is not easy to find, or a file with parameters such as an ini file.
> Is there anyone who can bring some light in the darkness
>
> Bertus

Did you delete the hidden .gps directory in your home path? Even
Windows should have it.