* Re: IKBOCS - Object Oriented Operating System
       [not found]     ` <407C59E9.64857AF@daimi.au.dk>
@ 2004-04-14  3:52       ` Christopher Browne
From: Christopher Browne @ 2004-04-14  3:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when Kasper Dupont <kasperd@daimi.au.dk> would write:
> David Schwartz wrote:
>>
>> "OsamaBinAry/TEG" <osamabinary@tegperu.org> wrote in message
>>
>> >I bet it would be slow if you use 100% object oriented code.
>>
>>     Yeah, it's gotta be 100% assembly, right?
>
> Now we just need one person to suggest C++ and
> another person to suggest some obscure language,
> and we will have been through all the regular
> trool posts.

Well, there's a kernel module that allows you to write Linux device
drivers in Scheme, so that's certainly an option.

Writing a kernel in Ada would be a novel idea, and could use "OO"
idioms in recent versions of Ada.  GNU Ada is probably a better choice
now than it ever was.

Neither of those are "obscure" languages, though...
--
"cbbrowne","@","ntlug.org"
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/languages.html

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-04-14  3:52 UTC | newest]