From: Szymon Guz <guzo@stud.ics.p.lodz.pl>
Subject: Re: Win32Ada Linker Problem
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 11:51:59 +0200
Date: 2004-03-28T11:51:59+02:00	[thread overview]

Andrew Carroll wrote:
> I am trying to use A# and RAPID, which requires AdaGIDE, Win32Ada, TASH and
> last but not least, GNAT.
>
> [ For your info, TASH site is still down, <sigh> ]
>
> I read somewhere that GNAT 3.11 came with Win32Ada.  Does that mean GNAT
> 3.15p comes with it?

Yes, GNAT 3.15p comes with Win32Ada binding. A# (MGNAT) comes with .NET
binding, but you have to configure that on your own.

> The reason I ask is because I'm having some linker problems with Win32Ada.
> The specific message is:
>
> --------------------------------------
> ld: unrecognized option
> 'C:\PROGRA~1\ADA\lib\gcc-lib\pentium-mingw32msv\2.8.1\adalib\libgnat.a'
> ld: use the --help option for usage information
> gnatlink: cannot call C:\PROGRA~1\ADA\BIN\gcc.exe
> gnatmake: *** link failed.
> --------------------------------------
>
> So I tried to use verbosity to find out more and it told me, basically, the
> same thing.  Heh, nice feature.
> I checked my autoexec.bat file for incorrect paths and they are "squared
> away".
> So I'm pretty sure finding gcc isn't the problem, for me at least.
> C:\Progra~1\ada\bin\gcc.exe is the correct
> path to that executable.  It is obvious that I can use Gnatmake, otherwise I
> would never have gotten to
> gnatlink.  Gnatbind finished with no trouble as well.

Maybe there is no path to the .NET framework in the PATH variable, I had
a similar problem with linking a program and it seemed that I haven't
configured A# properly

Szymon Guz