* Re: any gnoga wins? startups?
       [not found] <0ad4875f-b38c-40d0-9271-2af84babf9dc@googlegroups.com>
@ 2018-03-02  5:50 ` Bojan Bozovic
From: Bojan Bozovic @ 2018-03-02  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 3:16:53 AM UTC+1, polymorph self wrote:
> news?

Well gnoga, for all what it tries to accomplish, is ahead of it's time. If you don't provide static page for web crawlers, your site might not be indexed at all, and even then, it might be penalized for serving different versions of site to visitors and search engine, but that's not due to flaw in gnoga itself, but due to the fact that web crawlers don't execute javascript nor use websockets. I suppose Ada AWS or even Ada CGI solution would be more web search engine friendly, and more appropriate for most web sites. Some might say that holds true for screen reader programs too, but in this age it's inexcusable to have web crawler or screen reader not able to process javascript, yet nobody objects.

* Re: any gnoga wins? startups?
@ 2018-03-02  6:29   ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2018-03-02  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Bojan,

You can have static pages in Gnoga.
So an idea is to make one of them the home page and add a link to the dynamic Gnoga site. For example:

  http://pasta.phyrama.com/game.html

G.

* Re: any gnoga wins? startups?
@ 2018-03-02  6:35     ` Bojan Bozovic
From: Bojan Bozovic @ 2018-03-02  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 7:29:23 AM UTC+1, gautier...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi Bojan,
>
> You can have static pages in Gnoga.
> So an idea is to make one of them the home page and add a link to the dynamic Gnoga site. For example:
>
>   http://pasta.phyrama.com/game.html
>
> G.

Thanks for the info, that eluded me so I have to apologize for spreading misinformation.

* Re: any gnoga wins? startups?
@ 2018-03-02 13:43       ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2018-03-02 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Thanks for the info, that eluded me so I have to apologize for spreading misinformation.

You're welcome.
I think I've discovered that feature by trying it - after all .jpeg's, .png's and other resources are served, so why not .html's ?
There is a discussion about it in the Gnoga mailing list, subject: "static web content" - so google: "gnoga static web content").

* Re: any gnoga wins? startups?
@ 2018-03-11  5:07   ` rabbibotton
From: rabbibotton @ 2018-03-11  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Actually not true, gnoga.com uses gnoga exclusively and is crawled, etc. When websockets are not available gnoga falls back to use old school tech so Google and others can crawl it.

Given that, Gnoga's chief purpose is Apps and not per se Web Apps, any app on any platform, a remote browser is just a remote terminal, think of Gnoga more like an alternative to X on Unix.

David Botton