* linking MSVC object files and GNAT object files using MSVC linker
@ 2004-03-25 20:02 Peter Maloney
From: Peter Maloney @ 2004-03-25 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone:

I have a C main routine that I have compiled to .obj using MSVC.

I also have a subroutine .o object file that I generated with the GNAT
gnatmake command.

I would like to use MSVC linker to link the object from GNAT with the object
from MSVC to create a
standalone statically linked executatble (.exe, not .dll) .

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give...

Pete

* Re: linking MSVC object files and GNAT object files using MSVC linker
@ 2004-03-25 20:58 ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2004-03-25 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

>I also have a subroutine .o object file that I generated with the GNAT
>gnatmake command.
>
>I would like to use MSVC linker to link the object from GNAT with the object
>from MSVC to create a
>standalone statically linked executatble (.exe, not .dll) .
  objcopy abc.o abc.obj
converts a .o file to a .obj file
But first read about mixing languages and calling adainit/adafinal etc.

* Re: linking MSVC object files and GNAT object files using MSVC linker
@ 2004-03-25 22:22   ` Peter Maloney
From: Peter Maloney @ 2004-03-25 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi tmoran:

I have not tried the .o file conversion but I will try it.

It also looks like I have to tell the MSVC linker about libgnat.a, and
perhaps a whole host of other lib*.a files as well.
Are the .a files ready for use by MSVC, or is there some sort of conversion
process for them as well?

Thanks,

Pete M.