* What would it take to use GNAT on ARM7 hardware?
@ 2009-04-13 13:20 Mike Silva
From: Mike Silva @ 2009-04-13 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Suppose I wanted to use Ada, including Ravenscar tasking, on ARM7
hardware like the NXP LPC2000 family, and that I didn't have much of a
budget.  I'm trying to grasp what I would need to do to make that
happen.  Assuming I've got GNAT installed, and I have an RTOS for ARM7
devices, what needs to happen next?  Is there some documentation that
describes the process?  Is this even feasible for one person to do in
a reasonable time?

Thanks,
Mike

* Re: What would it take to use GNAT on ARM7 hardware?
@ 2009-04-14  2:06 ` Steve D
From: Steve D @ 2009-04-14  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Mike Silva" <snarflemike@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Suppose I wanted to use Ada, including Ravenscar tasking, on ARM7
> hardware like the NXP LPC2000 family, and that I didn't have much of a
> budget.  I'm trying to grasp what I would need to do to make that
> happen.  Assuming I've got GNAT installed, and I have an RTOS for ARM7
> devices, what needs to happen next?  Is there some documentation that
> describes the process?  Is this even feasible for one person to do in
> a reasonable time?

Have you looked at RTEMS (www.rtems.com)?  It's an RTOS that supports GNAT.

Regards,
Steve

@ 2009-04-14 13:10   ` Mike Silva
From: Mike Silva @ 2009-04-14 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Apr 13, 10:06 pm, "Steve D" <nospam_steve...@comcast.net> wrote:
> "Mike Silva" <snarflem...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Suppose I wanted to use Ada, including Ravenscar tasking, on ARM7
> > hardware like the NXP LPC2000 family, and that I didn't have much of a
> > budget.  I'm trying to grasp what I would need to do to make that
> > happen.  Assuming I've got GNAT installed, and I have an RTOS for ARM7
> > devices, what needs to happen next?  Is there some documentation that
> > describes the process?  Is this even feasible for one person to do in
> > a reasonable time?
>
> Have you looked at RTEMS (www.rtems.com)? It's an RTOS that supports GNAT.

I knew of its existence but I didn't think about it.  It looks very
promising.  Thanks.

Mike