* MFC & Ada
@ 2004-03-14 10:40 Szymon Guz
From: Szymon Guz @ 2004-03-14 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
does anyone use MFC.dll in Ada programs ?

* Re: MFC & Ada
@ 2004-03-15  2:48 ` Steve
From: Steve @ 2004-03-15  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

AFC is a thin binding to MFC:

http://www.jswalker.demon.co.uk/jswtech.htm#AFC

I haven't used the binding, but from what I understand it is rather
complete.

Steve
(The Duck)

@ 2004-03-15 20:30   ` Szymon Guz
From: Szymon Guz @ 2004-03-15 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steve wrote:
> AFC is a thin binding to MFC:
>
> http://www.jswalker.demon.co.uk/jswtech.htm#AFC
>
> I haven't used the binding, but from what I understand it is rather
> complete.
>
> Steve
> (The Duck)

I know, but I need to use some classes from the mfc.dll and I have some
problems with that so I'm looking for a bit of Ada code that does that
but AFAIK that binding is added to the commercial version of ObjectAda
and is not available for free.

* Re: MFC & Ada
@ 2004-03-16 22:32 ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2004-03-16 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Szymon Guz" <guzo@stud.ics.p.lodz.pl> wrote in message
> Hi,
> does anyone use MFC.dll in Ada programs ?

I would have to ask why you'd want to. The reason that libraries like Claw
and GWindows exist is so that you can build Windows applications in Ada,
with an Ada mindset. You're much better off using one of those libraries
than MFC with an Ada program, and they cover pretty much the same ground.
(And Claw at least works with all of the Ada compilers for Windows, so you
don't have to be locked into a specific compiler.)

                 Randy.

* Re: MFC & Ada
@ 2004-03-17 17:40   ` Szymon Guz
From: Szymon Guz @ 2004-03-17 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Randy Brukardt wrote:
> "Szymon Guz" <guzo@stud.ics.p.lodz.pl> wrote in message
>
>>Hi,
>>does anyone use MFC.dll in Ada programs ?
>

> I would have to ask why you'd want to. The reason that libraries like Claw
> and GWindows exist is so that you can build Windows applications in Ada,
> with an Ada mindset. You're much better off using one of those libraries
> than MFC with an Ada program, and they cover pretty much the same ground.
> (And Claw at least works with all of the Ada compilers for Windows, so you
> don't have to be locked into a specific compiler.)
>
>                  Randy.

Yea, I know all that but I have to use the mfc.dll in Ada programs for
my masters thesis.

szymon