* Release of GNADE 1.5.1
@ 2004-03-09 20:32 GNU Ada Database Environment
From: GNU Ada Database Environment @ 2004-03-09 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

the GNU Ada Database Environment Version 1.5.1 is now available at

http://gnade.sourceforge.net/

The  scope of this release is to line up the build for Windows and
Linux and to provide integration with GPS by using project files.

The project provides:
    Source Packages
    Precompiled rpm's for SuSe 9.0
    Setup for Windows

Regards
   M.Erdmann

* Re: Release of GNADE 1.5.1
@ 2004-03-10  9:02 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2004-03-10  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

> The  scope of this release is to line up the build for Windows and
> Linux and to provide integration with GPS by using project files.

That's great news. AWS's next version will also have better support for
project files and GPS.

Pascal.

--|

* RE: Release of GNADE 1.5.1
@ 2004-03-10  9:52 Lionel.DRAGHI
From: Lionel.DRAGHI @ 2004-03-10  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

I'm curious : I understand project file use, but what do you mean about GPS
integration?

Are you speaking of an AWS and GNADE item within GPS menu, with features to
ease DB and web services use from sources, or just about easiest executable
binding?

--
Lionel Draghi          http://lionel.draghi.free.fr

* Re: Release of GNADE 1.5.1
@ 2004-03-11 19:54 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2004-03-11 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lionel.DRAGHI@fr.thalesgroup.com writes:

> I'm curious : I understand project file use, but what do you mean about GPS
> integration?

When you have a project file you can use GPS to edit/build easily any
applications. Having an AWS and GNADE project file will make it very easy
to build any application based on them directly from within GPS (or in the
command line of course).

> Are you speaking of an AWS and GNADE item within GPS menu, with features to
> ease DB and web services use from sources, or just about easiest executable
> binding?

No not yet. But I have some idea in this direction. From example AWS 2.0 (the
coming release) will have a WSDL generator. It would be nice to have a menu
item to ask to generate the stub/skeleton directly from within GPS. This would
use the new ada2wsdl (spec -> WSDL) and wsdl2aws (WSDL -> stub/skeleton)
generators. Wouldn't this be nice :)

Pascal.

--|

* RE: Release of GNADE 1.5.1
@ 2004-03-12  9:33 Lionel.DRAGHI
From: Lionel.DRAGHI @ 2004-03-12  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: p.obry, comp.lang.ada

I don't know what is wsdl, but yes, it will be nice! :-)

Integrating stub/skeleton generation within some tools menu, or even just
documentation within the help menu will result in a more handy set of
library, and increase the feeling of ease with Ada.
I am pretty sure this greatly help Ada adoption, at least in non-industrial
context.

But the the kind of integration I dream of is this one : I open the GPS
integrated UML modeler, start some sequence diagram, create an object in a
choice list including all objects from AWS/GNADE/etc. API, create a call
from one of my object to this AWS API by choosing in actual procedure
offered by this AWS object, having the help tooltip of this AWS operation by
letting the mouse on the arrows, returning to the code view of my object and
have a call to AWS with formal parameters ready to be completed, and so on.
No big technical challenge, just a big work!

.... OK, let's return to reality :-)

--
Lionel

* Re: Release of GNADE 1.5.1
@ 2004-03-14 18:58 ` Michael Erdmann
From: Michael Erdmann @ 2004-03-14 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

<Lionel.DRAGHI@fr.thalesgroup.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

>> But the the kind of integration I dream of is this one : I open the GPS
> integrated UML modeler, start some sequence diagram, create an object in a
> choice list including all objects from AWS/GNADE/etc.
What would you think about using ArgoUML? I have made a trail to build an
Ada 95 code generator for ArgoUML which was not to complicated, but
i stoped the work since i did not realy need it and i was bored by Java.
If there is real interest i could restart my work on this!