* ANN: Libraries and bindings.
@ 2016-02-03 22:49 darkestkhan
From: darkestkhan @ 2016-02-03 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Since Randy brought it up that we should post here about our projects if we want more people to know about them I will do just that. This is not particularly long list but nonetheless some of you may find something from this quite useful. IIRC everything (or almost everything) is licensed under BSD/ISC license. All projects build with gprbuild just fine (didn't test building them

https://github.com/darkestkhan/vt100
"This is wrapper library for vt100 calls in Ada."
[why code yet another? only print calls are not bound]

https://github.com/darkestkhan/imago
"Ada binding to DevIL library.
This library tries to be as close to original API as possible, while using Ada types whenever possible"

DevIL library supports loading/saving image files (and changing data formats) - most formats are supported [including some more obscure ones] (BMP, jpeg, ...).

https://github.com/darkestkhan/oto
Binding to OpenAL. Follows original API.

https://github.com/darkestkhan/xdg
"A small library that should make it at least slightly easier to follow XDG guidelines." [ http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-0.7.html ]

https://github.com/darkestkhan/cbap
"A small library providing simple callback-based parser for program arguments. This library is meant to be simple to use, and as such doesn't posses any particularly advanced features (like argument combining) that may result in complicating its use (or implementation)."

https://github.com/darkestkhan/lumen2
A fork of lumen - basically my changes and additions went quite far so I couldn't keep it any more at a branch. e.g. Windows support is cut-out due to licensing issues (it was under AGPL instead of ISC), more calls are bound to, etc. [Windows support (in fact binding to entire winapi) is on my todo list - but it is impossible atm for me due to lack of Windows machine]

darkestkhan

* Re: ANN: Libraries and bindings.
@ 2016-02-05 14:16 ` olivier.henley
From: olivier.henley @ 2016-02-05 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey!

I was super interested by lumen so I gave it a shot:

1. On my debian 8.0 (Lenny) x64 machie the CPU -fPIC switch does not want to pass. I removed it and it compiled.

2. The link you posted for the demos repo is broken... does not exists. I switched to the original lumen.

3. The readme does not explain me what improvements you did over the original lumen. I would like to know and not have to compare two code base I dont know just to figure it out myself.

4. It is not mentionned on your readme nor the original lumen repo readme what dev header we need. On my debian 8.0 the packages to install happened to be xorg-dev and libglu1-mesa-dev.

5. Then it passed.

Could you amend the readme to contain these infos so the guy (stupid like me) wont lose an hour trying to run demos.

Thx.

* Re: ANN: Libraries and bindings.
@ 2016-02-05 15:25 ` Tero Koskinen
From: Tero Koskinen @ 2016-02-05 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

4.2.2016, 0.49, darkestkhan wrote:
> Since Randy brought it up that we should post here about our projects if we want more people to know about them I will do just that. This is not particularly long list but nonetheless some of you may find something from this quite useful. IIRC everything (or almost everything) is licensed under BSD/ISC license. All projects build with gprbuild just fine (didn't test building them

Here my (hobby) projects. Like darkestkhan's libraries,
most of my projects are distributed under permissive
open source ISC license:

Ahven, unit test framework for Ada 95/2005/2012
- http://www.ahven-framework.com/ (web site)
- https://bitbucket.org/tkoskine/ahven (mercurial repository)
- works with Janus/Ada, ICCAda, GNAT
- mature library, users around Europe/US

Jdaughter, JSON parser/generator for Ada 95
- https://bitbucket.org/tkoskine/jdaughter
- works with Janus/Ada, ICCAda, GNAT
- under development (no official release)

Ladybird, Twitter library/command line client (Ada 95)
- https://bitbucket.org/tkoskine/ladybird
- works with Janus/Ada, ICCAda, GNAT
- under development (no official release)

AVR-Ada + Arduino blog
- http://arduino.ada-language.com/
- a blog, not a library
- example code at https://bitbucket.org/tkoskine/arduino-blog

Portable sqlite3 bindings for Ada 95
- https://bitbucket.org/tkoskine/sqlite3-ada
- works with Janus/Ada, ICCAda, GNAT
- under development (no official release)

NFC+PN532 driver for AVR-Ada
- https://bitbucket.org/tkoskine/arduino-pn532
- Reads Mifare Classic tags and NFC type 2/4 tags
- Writes NFC type 2/4 tags
- Emulates NFC type 4 tags
- under development, needs AVR-Ada (avr-gnat)
- I plan to do Raspberry Pi + Linux + native GNAT version at some point

Not Claw Sockets (NC.Sockets) for x86_64 Linux
- https://bitbucket.org/tkoskine/not-claw-sockets-linux-x86
- development has been stalled since 2013
   (no time because of other Ada projects)

In addition, I do contributions to AVR-Ada occasionally
- http://sourceforge.net/projects/avr-ada/

Yours,
  Tero

* ANN: Libraries and bindings.
@ 2016-02-05 23:50 ` Shark8
From: Shark8 @ 2016-02-05 23:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Byron -- http://www.github.com/onewingedshark/byron
A free implementation of Ada 2012 in Ada 2012. Currently only to tokrnizing is implemented.

Ada Project Manager -- github/onewingedshark/adaprojectmanager
An open file-format intended to provide a uniform method for describing Ada projects, even DSA-style programs, and help with building by giving a standaed way to specify build-parameters. (Though NOT a build tool, per se.)

There are a few other projects on my github, probably the most interesting being toy implementations of Forth and Lisp.

* Re: ANN: Libraries and bindings.
@ 2016-02-06  1:30   ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2016-02-06  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Tero Koskinen" <tero.koskinen@iki.fi> wrote in message
> 4.2.2016, 0.49, darkestkhan wrote:
> Not Claw Sockets (NC.Sockets) for x86_64 Linux
> - https://bitbucket.org/tkoskine/not-claw-sockets-linux-x86
> - development has been stalled since 2013
>   (no time because of other Ada projects)

I am planning to make an attempt to finish this in the next month or so
(since I need it to port our webserver to the "new" server machine). Will
report here is/when that happens.

                                 Randy.