* GlutMainLoop in Ada
@ 2004-03-03  1:50 Bruce or Tracy Jacobs
From: Bruce or Tracy Jacobs @ 2004-03-03  1:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Searched to no avail on Google, so I'll post the question.

Does anyone have or know where I can obtain an Ada implementation
of the GLUT procedure GlutMainLoop?

TIA,
Bruce

* Re: GlutMainLoop in Ada
@ 2004-03-03  2:35 ` Chad R. Meiners
From: Chad R. Meiners @ 2004-03-03  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Did you check http://sourceforge.net/projects/adaopengl/ ?

"Bruce or Tracy Jacobs" <bljacobs2@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> Searched to no avail on Google, so I'll post the question.
>
> Does anyone have or know where I can obtain an Ada implementation
> of the GLUT procedure GlutMainLoop?
>
> TIA,
> Bruce

* Re: GlutMainLoop in Ada
@ 2004-03-03 16:14   ` Me
From: Me @ 2004-03-03 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Checked some downloads and used their search engine.  Didn't see it.

"Chad R. Meiners" wrote:

> Did you check http://sourceforge.net/projects/adaopengl/ ?
>
> "Bruce or Tracy Jacobs" <bljacobs2@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> > Searched to no avail on Google, so I'll post the question.
> >
> > Does anyone have or know where I can obtain an Ada implementation
> > of the GLUT procedure GlutMainLoop?
> >
> > TIA,
> > Bruce

* Re: GlutMainLoop in Ada
@ 2004-03-03 17:02     ` Chad R. Meiners
From: Chad R. Meiners @ 2004-03-03 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Are you looking for an actual GLUT implementation written in Ada or an Ada
specification binding that allows you to call GlutMainLoop?  If the first, I
don't know where you can find that; however, we can find the binding in the
package OpenGL.GLUT.

"Me" <me@me.org> wrote in message news:4046047B.9269BA62@me.org...
> Checked some downloads and used their search engine.  Didn't see it.
>
> "Chad R. Meiners" wrote:
>
> > Did you check http://sourceforge.net/projects/adaopengl/ ?
> >
> > "Bruce or Tracy Jacobs" <bljacobs2@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> > > Searched to no avail on Google, so I'll post the question.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have or know where I can obtain an Ada implementation
> > > of the GLUT procedure GlutMainLoop?
> > >
> > > TIA,
> > > Bruce

* Re: GlutMainLoop in Ada
@ 2004-03-03 18:12       ` Me
From: Me @ 2004-03-03 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was looking for the procedure implemented in Ada.  I have the bindings.

I saw one website that showed how to modify the C code so that it would return
control
back to the user instead of hogging control in its loop.  However, I do not know
how
to do all the "C" stuff the author suggested.   : (   May have to dig into "C"
and see
if I can make that happen.

Thank you.
Bruce

"Chad R. Meiners" wrote:

> Are you looking for an actual GLUT implementation written in Ada or an Ada
> specification binding that allows you to call GlutMainLoop?  If the first, I
> don't know where you can find that; however, we can find the binding in the
> package OpenGL.GLUT.
>
> "Me" <me@me.org> wrote in message news:4046047B.9269BA62@me.org...
> > Checked some downloads and used their search engine.  Didn't see it.
> >
> > "Chad R. Meiners" wrote:
> >
> > > Did you check http://sourceforge.net/projects/adaopengl/ ?
> > >
> > > "Bruce or Tracy Jacobs" <bljacobs2@mchsi.com> wrote in message

* Re: GlutMainLoop in Ada
@ 2004-03-03 20:30 ` Gautier Write-only
From: Gautier Write-only @ 2004-03-03 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bruce:

> Does anyone have or know where I can obtain an Ada implementation
> of the GLUT procedure GlutMainLoop?

Here, for instance: http://homepage.sunrise.ch/mysunrise/gdm/g3d.htm

See Dem_GL_1, the call GLUT.MainLoop;

HTH
Gautier  --  http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/gsoft.htm

* Re: GlutMainLoop in Ada
@ 2004-03-03 21:58   ` Me
From: Me @ 2004-03-03 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Not completely what I was looking for, but that package is opening some
possibilities.
I was needing a keyboard callback, and apparently this one has one.  I
will see if
I can duplicate these handlers into my Ada program and see what happens.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough before.  What I was actually looking for
is an Ada
implementation of the entire "glutMainLoop" routine - coded in Ada -
that I can
just include directly into my Ada program in place of a call to
glutMainLoop, and
control the looping myself instead of Glut controlling it.  I have a C++
implementation,
but it is calling C stuff for which I do not see Ada bindings.

I will run with this example and see if I can overcome my problems with
that code.

Thank you,
Bruce