* C 2 ada
@ 2001-03-11 17:42 Henrik Quintel
From: Henrik Quintel @ 2001-03-11 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello everyone,
I know that there is a C2ada compiler free available on the net.
It can only compiled under a UNIX system. Unfortunately,
I have no UNIX system. What I am looking for is an executable
of the C2Ada compiler which runs under DOS and/or Wimdows.

Here is the loaction for the C2ada compiler:

If you can help me, please post here or send me an
e-mail: henrik.quintel@gmx.de

Thanks for all.

Greetings Henrik

* Re: C 2 ada
@ 2001-03-11 17:51 ` Jeff Creem
From: Jeff Creem @ 2001-03-11 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have never really had any luck with it but there is a binary port to
windows of the
cbind portion of c2ada
http://members.tripod.com/vagul/

It really is meant for helping you get bindings going rather than a complete
translation. (Even c2ada is really best used for that approach as well.).

Another alternative (sometimes) on win32 is if you can find a COM/ActiveX
version of
the code  you can get much better bindings by using GNATCOM

http://www.adapower.com/gnatcom/index.html

"Henrik Quintel" <henrik.quintel@gmx.de> wrote in message
> Hello everyone,
> I know that there is a C2ada compiler free available on the net.
> It can only compiled under a UNIX system. Unfortunately,
> I have no UNIX system. What I am looking for is an executable
> of the C2Ada compiler which runs under DOS and/or Wimdows.
>
> Here is the loaction for the C2ada compiler:
>
> If you can help me, please post here or send me an
> e-mail: henrik.quintel@gmx.de
>
> Thanks for all.
>
> Greetings Henrik

* Re: C 2 ada
@ 2001-03-11 18:16   ` Henrik Quintel
From: Henrik Quintel @ 2001-03-11 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jeff,
thanks for the very fast answer.
I know and I have cbind 4 windows. It works very, very fine,
but it does only produce bindings and no bodies. What I am looking
for is the binary from teh real c2ada compiler under the address below.

I have tried to compile the code under cygwin and everything goes fine,
but there are two libs libdl.a and libnsl.a which are not available.

BTW, thanks for all your help.

Great thanks

Greetings Henrik quINTEL

* Re: C 2 ada
@ 2001-03-11 20:49     ` Jeff Creem
From: Jeff Creem @ 2001-03-11 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I have tried to compile the code under cygwin and everything goes fine,
> but there are two libs libdl.a and libnsl.a which are not available.

Well..You may not need the nsl library. I suspect all of the symbols from
that library are
present in other cygwin libraries...I am not sure about the libdl.

If you remove those as library links what do  you get as undefined symbols?
Perhaps we can
work if from that side to determine what different libraries to use. It
would be good if you could
get that working on win32 even if it is only under the very cool cygwin
stuff.

That being said, I do have the same concern (perhaps worse) for an automatic
translation of code
from C to Ada as I would for Ada to C. I suspect the code is not going to be
all that maintainable..

If all else fails you could install Linux and dual boot to convert source
code...A little yucky but probably workable.

* Re: C 2 ada
@ 2001-03-12 19:25       ` Henrik Quintel
From: Henrik Quintel @ 2001-03-12 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jeff,

> If you remove those as library links what do  you get as undefined symbols?

The first is a function named compile() and the second is named step() or so.
I am not sure. I have deleted cygwin at the moment. I will try to install it
next week again.

> >If all else fails you could install Linux and dual boot to convert source
> >code...A little yucky but probably workable.

The problem is that my disks are full. I have only 1GB disk and Win98 runs on
it.

BTW, thanks for all your good support.

Hear you.
Greetings Henrik

* C++ 2 Ada
@ 2004-03-02 17:23 Szymon Guz
From: Szymon Guz @ 2004-03-02 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
where can I find a good C++ to Ada95 source converter ?

* Re: C++ 2 Ada
@ 2004-03-05 17:12 ` Ira Baxter
From: Ira Baxter @ 2004-03-05 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Szymon Guz" <guzo@stud.ics.p.lodz.pl> wrote in message
> where can I find a good C++ to Ada95 source converter ?

I don't know where to find such a tool.

If you needed to build one, our DMS Software Reengineering Toolkit might be
ideal.
It provides configurable translation capability,
has a full C+ front end,
and has an Ada95 "back end".
See http://www.semanticdesigns.com/Products/DMS/DMSToolkit.html.

--
Ira D. Baxter, Ph.D., CTO   512-250-1018
Semantic Designs, Inc.      www.semdesigns.com