* Windows 10 program like Doxygen for Ada 95
@ 2019-01-18 12:46 Michael690@gmail.com
From: Michael690@gmail.com @ 2019-01-18 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

What is the best Doxygen program for Ada 95?

I'm looking for a program that documents routines, variables, et cetera for Ada.

Personally, I've used Doxygen for Java in the past and I have had to spend hours and hours on beautifying its Latex output. But, Doxygen is better than trying to do it all by myself.

Thank you,
Michael

* Re: Windows 10 program like Doxygen for Ada 95
@ 2019-01-18 16:13 ` Olivier Henley
From: Olivier Henley @ 2019-01-18 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Friday, January 18, 2019 at 7:46:56 AM UTC-5, Micha...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What is the best Doxygen program for Ada 95?
>
> I'm looking for a program that documents routines, variables, et cetera for Ada.
>
> Personally, I've used Doxygen for Java in the past and I have had to spend hours and hours on beautifying its Latex output. But, Doxygen is better than trying to do it all by myself.
>
> Thank you,
> Michael

1. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.lang.ada/WzdnV1eZikI
2. Personally, I really like something eg. Gauthier did using gnathtml: https://globe3d.sourceforge.io/g3d_html/index.htm (types, comments are in place and we can navigate easily) I would prefer to have a view of available files in the ToC instead of just 'Letters' (maybe it is possible). The Ada package structure and file naming reflecting it can easily document the project organisation or 'macro architecture'. My two cents.

* Re: Windows 10 program like Doxygen for Ada 95
@ 2019-01-18 20:01   ` gautier_niouzes
From: gautier_niouzes @ 2019-01-18 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

> 2. Personally, I really like something eg. Gauthier did using gnathtml

Thx - need to say: I've done only a few cosmetic changes (colors, logos etc.).
I'm not fluent enough in Perl for doing any other modification...
The big strength of gnathtml is that it is very simple and robust (1 script file).
It leverages the GNAT build system, so the Ada parsing is working, and up-to-date with the language. It collects recursively all with-ed units, including the full run-time library, if you provide the path of sources and .ali files.