From: sjw <simon.j.wright@mac.com>
Subject: Re: AIDE by Stéphane Rivière
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 12:35:44 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-09-16T12:35:44-07:00	[thread overview]

On Sep 15, 10:29 pm, Michael A <michael.m.ay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have downloaded from the web site you suggested, but not sure I got
> the files I needed. I don't see anything like a compiler application
> or development environment. I feel so dumb, but it is all rather
> criptic for me.

I just went over there.

At the bottom of the pale blue box, it says "If you have problems
downloading or installing GNAT GPL or SPARK GPL Edition contact us at
gnat-gpl@adacore.com". They are very helpful!

However .. I assume you're on Windows? .. below that there's some
text, then a selector box labelled 'Select your platform', currently
set to x86-linux. Change that to x86-windows; the page refreshes, and
now the text in the box just underneath the selector reads

"This version of the GNAT GPL Edition is suitable for PC/x86 machines
running
Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and Windows Vista.

GNAT GPL 2009 contains the following:

- checksums.md5
    Contains the list of MD5 checksums for all the files in this
distribution.

- gnat-gpl-2009-43-i686-pc-mingw32-bin.exe

    This package contains the GPL Edition of GNAT, the Ada 2005 tool
chain
    maintained by AdaCore, and includes GPS, a fully integrated IDE.
It also
    includes full html documentation for both tools.

    In order to install this package, double-click on it, and follow
the
    instructions displayed on the screen. Note that you need Power
User
    privileges in order to install this package. ....."

Go down a bit further, there's an open folder icon with 4 files inside
it - click on the third (gnat-gpl-2009-43-i686-pc-mingw32-bin.exe) to
download all 103 Mb of it, then follow the instructions above.

I can't do that now, cos I'm on a Mac, but as I remember you'll end up
with a program group called GNAT<something>; go there and select
GPS ... happy hunting!