* gnat and winspool.lib
@ 2004-01-28  8:15 david
From: david @ 2004-01-28  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

hello,
I'm facing a problem with winspool library :
I use gnat 3.15p : the compilation and linking are made without problem but when I try the executable, an error occur : "library
winspool.dll not found ...."

After search on my computer, I only found winspool.h, winspool.lib and winspool.drv.

Has someone got a solution to use this library ?

thank you
David

* Re: gnat and winspool.lib
@ 2004-01-28 16:20 ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2004-01-28 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

"david" <marchandav@despammed.com> wrote in message
> hello,
> I'm facing a problem with winspool library :
> I use gnat 3.15p : the compilation and linking are made without problem
but when I try the executable, an error occur : "library
> winspool.dll not found ...."
>
> After search on my computer, I only found winspool.h, winspool.lib and
winspool.drv.

> Has someone got a solution to use this library ?

You /might/ be able to get away with copying "winspool.lib" (to a path the
compiler
knows about), renaming it to "libwinspool.a" and compiling with
"-largs -lwinspool".

-- Martin

* Re: gnat and winspool.lib
@ 2004-01-29  9:32   ` david
       [not found]     ` <m2hdyfug1e.fsf@jvdsys.demon.nl>
From: david @ 2004-01-29  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, but this doesn't work : the compiler continues searching the dll and doesn't find it.
Perhaps I haven't understood when you say "a path the compiler knows about" : I put the renamed winspool.lib in the same repository
that others libraries I use (*.lib).

David

"Martin Dowie" <martin.dowie@btopenworld.com> a �crit dans le message news: bv8ng7$9fk$1@hercules.btinternet.com...
> "david" <marchandav@despammed.com> wrote in message
> > hello,
> > I'm facing a problem with winspool library :
> > I use gnat 3.15p : the compilation and linking are made without problem
> but when I try the executable, an error occur : "library
> > winspool.dll not found ...."
> >
> > After search on my computer, I only found winspool.h, winspool.lib and
> winspool.drv.
> >
> > Has someone got a solution to use this library ?
>
> You /might/ be able to get away with copying "winspool.lib" (to a path the
> compiler
> knows about), renaming it to "libwinspool.a" and compiling with
> "-largs -lwinspool".
>
> -- Martin

* Re: gnat and winspool.lib
@ 2004-01-29 12:22     ` Ludovic Brenta
       [not found]     ` <m2hdyfug1e.fsf@jvdsys.demon.nl>
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2004-01-29 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

"david" <marchandav@despammed.com> writes:

> Thanks, but this doesn't work : the compiler continues searching the
> dll and doesn't find it.  Perhaps I haven't understood when you say
> "a path the compiler knows about" : I put the renamed winspool.lib
> in the same repository that others libraries I use (*.lib).
>
> David

I think that winspool.lib is an import library, i.e. it contains stubs
for the functions exported by the DLL, and loads the DLL when the
program starts.  So, you indeed need the DLL at run time.

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: gnat and winspool.lib
       [not found]     ` <m2hdyfug1e.fsf@jvdsys.demon.nl>