* ARM equivalents for C++ and Java
@ 2003-12-23 11:19 amado.alves
From: amado.alves @ 2003-12-23 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

What would be the ARM equivalents for C++ and Java? I mean a public marked-up source? Thanks. (This is for an experiment in adaptive hypertext.)

* Re: ARM equivalents for C++ and Java
       [not found] <468D78E4EE5C6A4093A4C00F29DF513D04B82B11@VS2.hdi.tvcabo>
@ 2003-12-23 17:17 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2003-12-23 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

"amado.alves" <amado.alves@netcabo.pt> writes:

> What would be the ARM equivalents for C++ and Java? I mean a public
> marked-up source? Thanks. (This is for an experiment in adaptive
> hypertext.)

Interesting. I was sure I had at one time read the Java language
reference on-line, but now I can't find it. Apparently Sun has decided
Java is popular enough that they can charge for the book. One more
point for Ada :).

I've never seen a C++ reference on line (mostly because I haven't
looked), but there probably some of the early drafts from the
standardization process available.

--
-- Stephe

* Re: ARM equivalents for C++ and Java
@ 2003-12-23 21:24 ` Keith Thompson
From: Keith Thompson @ 2003-12-23 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

"amado.alves" <amado.alves@netcabo.pt> writes:
> What would be the ARM equivalents for C++ and Java? I mean a public
> marked-up source? Thanks. (This is for an experiment in adaptive
> hypertext.)

I don't know about Java, but the C and C++ ISO standards are available
(though not for free) as PDF documents.  ANSI, the US member of ISO,
sells them for $18 each, but the licensing terms are pretty odd.  You
can also check with your own national standards body, or with ISO
itself.

An unofficial draft of the C99 standard is freely available; search
for "n869.pdf".  (This causes some problems a lot of people have
copies of the unofficial draft but not of the actual standard.)

The previous ISO C standard, C90, may also be available in PDF format
(also for $18, I think), but the document itself is of much lower
quality.  It looks like it was scanned from a paper copy, though some
OCR was done so you can do searches on it.

Let me know if you have trouble finding this, and I'll track down some
URLs.

San Diego Supercomputer Center             <*>  <http://www.sdsc.edu/~kst>
(Note new e-mail address)

* Re: ARM equivalents for C++ and Java
@ 2004-01-18 11:08   ` Ronald Dauster
From: Ronald Dauster @ 2004-01-18 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephen Leake wrote:
> "amado.alves" <amado.alves@netcabo.pt> writes:
>

>>What would be the ARM equivalents for C++ and Java? I mean a public
>>marked-up source? Thanks. (This is for an experiment in adaptive
>>hypertext.)
>

> Interesting. I was sure I had at one time read the Java language
> reference on-line, but now I can't find it. Apparently Sun has decided
> Java is popular enough that they can charge for the book. One more
> point for Ada :).

No, the Java Language specification is now part of the J2SDK
documentation bundle and also available at
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/index.html

> I've never seen a C++ reference on line (mostly because I haven't
> looked), but there probably some of the early drafts from the
> standardization process available.

I do hava both  an HTML and a PDF version of the
1997 C++ Public Review Document, but not of the
final standard.  The only online reference I've found
is http://anubis.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc22/open/n2356/index.html