From: hreba <hreba@terra.com.br>
Subject: Re: GTK and tasking (GNAT)
Date: Sun, 04 May 2014 18:57:11 -0300
Date: 2014-05-04T18:57:11-03:00	[thread overview]

On 05/04/2014 06:44 PM, Shark8 wrote:
> On 04-May-14 15:32, hreba wrote:
>>
>> I am talking about calculations that can be broken down, as in my
>> example at the beginning of this thread: I count from 1 to 10, update a
>> text box and call delay at each iteration, but the display changes only
>> after the termination of the loop.
>
> Then it may be a weakness of GTK*; I would expect it to have a
> progress-bar object w/ such parameters as Minimum, Maximum, and Current.
>
> * -- I haven't ever used GTK though, so I don't know if it does or not.

GTK has a progress bar, but this is not my point.

I want to give feedback to the user during lengthy processing, as in my
example, by updating a display element of the GUI. One choice is
updating the contents of a text box. If this doesn't work then I am
pretty sure that updating a progress bar wouldn't work either.

--
Frank Hrebabetzky		+55 / 48 / 3235 1106
Florianopolis, Brazil