From: meh <mehlng@yahoo_nospam.com>
Subject: parallel computing of prime numbers
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 15:31:27 +0200
Date: 2003-12-28T15:31:27+02:00	[thread overview]

I'd like to compute parallely primes with variable amount of tasks. I
made a task with an entry to compute a single number's primeness and
then looped through all tasks and assigned each task a new number to
work on.
My problem is that the assigning command waits until the prime
calculation ends, I want it to assign the task a number to work on and
then CONTINUE IMMEDIATELY assigning other numbers to other tasks.
I thought of making an array of semaphore and input variables, and then
to use them to assign numbers to tasks (I'll intialize each task with
the relevant semaphore), but it seems very clumsy way to do things.
Pray, how can I do that in a more elegant way?