* Visualizing the output of concurrent threads
@ 2001-07-06 13:43 Manuel Carro
From: Manuel Carro @ 2001-07-06 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Hi.  I need to visualize the output (consisting of strings) of
several (not too many---say around 20) concurrent tasks separately.
Letting the output mix in the same screen will not be useful.  I
suppose this is not too difficult to do, but, has anyone done it
already?  It doesn't need to be anything fancy, just plain I/O in
separate windows or in separate regions of one window, one
window/region per task.  The only thing is that I'd need it both for
Linux and for Windows (possibly using different graphic libraries in
each case).

    Thanks for any reply!

--
          ||            Manuel Carro -- DLSIIS            ||
          ||           e-mail: mcarro@fi.upm.es           ||

* Re: Visualizing the output of concurrent threads
@ 2001-07-06 17:19 ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2001-07-06 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

>suppose this is not too difficult to do, but, has anyone done it
>already?  It doesn't need to be anything fancy, just plain I/O in
>separate windows or in separate regions of one window, one
>window/region per task.  The only thing is that I'd need it both for
>Linux and for Windows (possibly using different graphic libraries in
>each case).

One of the *very* first Claw demo programs did that :)  Nowadays I
just use a package called TTY_Out:

package TTY_Out is
  type TTY_Type is new Claw.Basic_Window.Basic_Window_Type with private;
  procedure Put(TTY  : in out TTY_Type;
                Text : in     String);

Presumably something similar can be done with one of the multi-OS
systems.