From: tmoran@acm.org
Subject: Re: Visualizing the output of concurrent threads
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 17:19:03 GMT
Date: 2001-07-06T17:19:03+00:00	[thread overview]

>suppose this is not too difficult to do, but, has anyone done it
>already?  It doesn't need to be anything fancy, just plain I/O in
>separate windows or in separate regions of one window, one
>window/region per task.  The only thing is that I'd need it both for
>Linux and for Windows (possibly using different graphic libraries in
>each case).

One of the *very* first Claw demo programs did that :)  Nowadays I
just use a package called TTY_Out:

package TTY_Out is
  type TTY_Type is new Claw.Basic_Window.Basic_Window_Type with private;
  procedure Put(TTY  : in out TTY_Type;
                Text : in     String);

Presumably something similar can be done with one of the multi-OS
systems.