* Re: Double linked lists?
       [not found] <3fc18f57$1_2@aeinews.>
@ 2003-11-24  8:02 ` Adrian Hoe
From: Adrian Hoe @ 2003-11-24  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

You can visit my webiste at http://adrianhoe.com
--
Adrian Hoe
m a i l b o x AT a d r i a n h o e . c o m

@ 2003-11-24 18:05 ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2003-11-24 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

kara wrote:

> Does anyone know where I could take a look on an implementation of a
> double linked list in ada?

The PragmAda Reusable Components contain implementations of both bounded
and unbounded doubly linked lists.

http://home.earthlink.net/~jrcarter010/pragmarc.htm

--
Jeff Carter
"If you think you got a nasty taunting this time,

* Re: Double linked lists?
@ 2003-11-25  1:27   ` Ekkehard Morgenstern
From: Ekkehard Morgenstern @ 2003-11-25  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Adrian Hoe" <AdrianHoe@nowhere.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> kara wrote:
> > Does anyone know where I could take a look on an implementation of a
double
> > linked list in ada?

have a look at this:

http://www.ekkehardmorgenstern.de/lists.zip (the archive contains the
specification and body files for the implementation)

It's a doubly-linked listed scheme similar to that that was used in the
AmigaOS kernel (head node, tail node, unlimited node count, and nodes
derived from a simple node record).
It's not multithread-safe yet, but for a basic list scheme that's the most
efficient soluation IMO. ;-)

(btw, off-topic, but I just wanna say that Ada is awesome!! :-) I learnt
much of it in only three days, using the guide for C/C++ programmers on
http://www.adahome.com, the Ada 95 Rationale, and the Ada 95 Reference
manuals -- I didn't think it was that easy when I began, I was really
surprised!! :-) )

* Re: Double linked lists?
@ 2003-11-25 18:05     ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2003-11-25 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ekkehard Morgenstern wrote:

> (btw, off-topic, but I just wanna say that Ada is awesome!! :-) I learnt
> much of it in only three days, using the guide for C/C++ programmers on
> http://www.adahome.com, the Ada 95 Rationale, and the Ada 95 Reference
> manuals -- I didn't think it was that easy when I began, I was really
> surprised!! :-) )

Note that Ada Home hasn't been updated for a long time and is seriously
out of date. Ada Power (www.adapower.com) and Ada World
(www.adaworld.com) are better sites.

--
Jeff Carter
"Sheriff murdered, crops burned, stores looted,

* Re: Double linked lists?
@ 2003-11-25 18:47       ` Ekkehard Morgenstern
From: Ekkehard Morgenstern @ 2003-11-25 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Jeffrey Carter" <spam@spam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Note that Ada Home hasn't been updated for a long time and is seriously
> out of date. Ada Power (www.adapower.com) and Ada World
> (www.adaworld.com) are better sites.

Thank you!! :-)