* new Ada compiler
       [not found] <20031120102515.A41C44C4097@lovelace.ada-france.org>
@ 2003-11-20 19:06 ` Andrew Carroll
From: Andrew Carroll @ 2003-11-20 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

> Message: 6
> Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 09:23:04 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Preben Randhol <randhol+valid_for_reply_from_news@pvv.org>
> Subject: Re: new Ada compiler
> To: comp.lang.ada@ada-france.org

[snip]
> Who are making it? Or are you perhaps confusing the new Ada language
> version usually referred to as Ada0X or Ada200X etc?
Hmmm, must be the Ada language version I am thinking of.  Is it Ada0X or
Ada200X?  Any links?

Thanks

Andrew C

* Re: new Ada compiler
@ 2003-11-20 19:49   ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2003-11-20 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Andrew Carroll" <andrew@carroll-tech.net> writes:

> Hmmm, must be the Ada language version I am thinking of.  Is it Ada0X or
> Ada200X?

Yes; they are both the same :)

> Any links?

SigAda letters in Sept 2003 has a nice preview of changes under consideration:
http://www.acm.org/sigada/ada_letters/issues/sept2003/index.htm

If you are not a SigAda member (and you should be :), you'll have to
wait a couple more months for this to become publicly available.

--
-- Stephe

* Re: new Ada compiler
@ 2003-11-20 20:53     ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2003-11-20 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <uislehlc5.fsf@nasa.gov>, Stephen Leake <Stephe.Leake@nasa.gov> writes:

> SigAda letters in Sept 2003 has a nice preview of changes under consideration:
> http://www.acm.org/sigada/ada_letters/issues/sept2003/index.htm
>
> If you are not a SigAda member

I was until ACM started spamming me.

> you'll have to
> wait a couple more months for this to become publicly available.

It would be better if you posted a caveat about non-working URLs
_Before_ the URL.

* Re: new Ada compiler
@ 2003-11-21 18:02     ` Marius Amado Alves
From: Marius Amado Alves @ 2003-11-21 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

If you have access to the Springer-Verlag's Lecture Notes in Computer
Science series you might want to check out "An Invitation to Ada 2005"
by Pascal Leroy on issue 2655 (year 2003).

* Re: new Ada compiler
@ 2003-11-22  8:23       ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2003-11-22  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marius Amado Alves <amado.alves@netcabo.pt> writes:

> If you have access to the Springer-Verlag's Lecture Notes in Computer
> Science series you might want to check out "An Invitation to Ada 2005"
> by Pascal Leroy on issue 2655 (year 2003).

Is there an HTML/PDF version of it somewhere ?

Thanks,
Pascal.

--|

* Ada 0Y papers (was: Re: new Ada compiler)
@ 2003-11-23 10:38         ` Dirk Craeynest
From: Dirk Craeynest @ 2003-11-23 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pascal Obry  <p.obry@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>Is there an HTML/PDF version of it somewhere ?

Pascal's invited paper was presented at the 8th International
Conference on Reliable Software Technologies - Ada-Europe'2003,
which was held in Toulouse, France, in June this year.

Since many years, the proceedings of the Ada-Europe conferences are
published by Springer in their LNCS series.  Those who can't attend our
conference can order copies directly from Springer both in printed or
in electronic form.  For full information on this year's proceedings:
<http://www.springeronline.com/sgw/cda/frontpage/0,10735,5-0-22-2345048-0,00.html>

The abstract of the "Invitation to Ada 2005" paper is available at
<http://www.springerlink.com/openurl.asp?genre=article&issn=0302-9743&volume=2655&spage=1>
as is the full paper in PDF format.  Downloading the latter requires
registration, though.

Authors are allowed to put their papers on their web site as well.
I have contacted Pascal to see whether that's possible.

Note: an early version of this paper was also printed in the Ada User
Journal, volume 23, number 4, published in December 2002.  Overview
articles with highlights of the language revision process are published
regularly in this Journal.

Incidently, I would urge everyone interested in the future of Ada
to consider indirect membership of the Ada-Europe organization: this
includes among others a subscription to the Ada User Journal, published
4 times a year.  For more info on how to become a member of Ada-Europe
see <http://www.ada-europe.org/join.html>.

I hope this helps.

Dirk Craeynest
Ada-Europe board & Ada User Journal editorial board member
Dirk.Craeynest@cs.kuleuven.ac.be (for Ada-Belgium/Europe e-mail)

*** Intl. Conference on Reliable Software Technologies - Ada-Europe'2004
*** June 14-18, 2004, Palma de Mallorca, Spain ** www.ada-europe.org ***