From: hreba <hreba@terra.com.br>
Subject: Could not launch the debugger
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 15:37:27 -0300
Date: 2014-03-02T15:37:27-03:00	[thread overview]

This is the message I get upon executing "Initialize" in the Debug menu
of gnat-gps (version 5.0, regular Ubuntu installation).

First surprise was that Google didn't find any page with exactly that
phrase, only "Could not initialize the debugger", but the suggestions
there didn't work for me. What I tried is:

1. Add debug option "-g" in the project file (Compiler
Default_Switches). As I found out afterwards, it is on by default, it
didn't change anything.

2. Check whether the GNU debugger is in the path. Opening a terminal
window and executing "gdb" invoked the debugger.

3. Executing gnat-gps in a terminal window printed no error or   warning
message.

Any idea what else I could try?
--
Frank Hrebabetzky		+55 / 48 / 3235 1106