From: Stephan Heinemann <zombie@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Subject: Re: Protected Entry Call Semantics
Date: 1 Oct 2003 20:18:22 GMT
Date: 2003-10-01T20:18:22+00:00	[thread overview]

>         If I understand the situation correctly AND if I recall my books
> (temporarily unavailable) correctly, it is (was?) implementation
> independent.

>[...]

You gave the definition for a monitor. If a protected object is
implemented this way everything is fine...  I was not sure about the
optimisations that certain implemenations could perform... Phil
(another follow up) provided the reference I did not find: The
entry-queues are serviced immediately when the barrier opens.

Thanks,
Stephan