From: Stephan Heinemann <zombie@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Subject: Re: Protected Entry Call Semantics
Date: 1 Oct 2003 20:07:27 GMT
Date: 2003-10-01T20:07:27+00:00	[thread overview]

> I don't think that there is any problem here. During the completion of
> the first protected action of the triggering task all the entry queues
> are serviced (9.5.1(7)), so the waiting task will get past the barrier
> at this point. So the fact that the barrier may become closed later
> isn't going to stop it executing. (If I have understood your question
> correctly.)

Thank you Phil for the reference in 9.5.1. I again tested the situation
with a triggering task that opens and closes a barrier without being
preempted by the waiting task. Afterwards the waiting task got
running, it obtained the value corresponding to the opened barrier. The
waiting task - without being preempted again - accessed the protected
object in its response code and obtained the new value corresponding
to the closed barrier... I just was not sure whether this behaviour
depends on the implementation or not. But now there is a reference I
can rely on.

Again, thanks!
Stephan