* Annex E Glade and gcc 3.2.2 - Distro Available ?
@ 2003-09-02 15:43 Joe Simon
From: Joe Simon @ 2003-09-02 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All !

I have a Linux Rehat 9 distribution with gcc 3.2.2 and gnat (v ?? I'm not
sure how to find the version of the preinstalled gnat).

i would like to experiment with Glade on this machine. Is there a
distribution of Glade that can be installed or built with this version of
gcc ?

Pointers anyone ?

Thanks !
Joe Simon

* Re: Annex E Glade and gcc 3.2.2 - Distro Available ?
@ 2003-09-02 16:41 ` Ludovic Brenta
From: Ludovic Brenta @ 2003-09-02 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Joe Simon" <jb.simon@lmco.com> writes:

> Hi All !
>
> I have a Linux Rehat 9 distribution with gcc 3.2.2 and gnat (v ?? I'm not
> sure how to find the version of the preinstalled gnat).
>
> i would like to experiment with Glade on this machine. Is there a
> distribution of Glade that can be installed or built with this version of
> gcc ?
>
> Pointers anyone ?
>
> Thanks !
> Joe Simon

I don't think so.

Red Hat Linux 9 comes with the FSF version of GNAT, which is included
as part of GCC.  Unfortunately, this version is considered alpha
quality because the integration between the Ada front-end and the GCC
3.2 back-end (code generators and optimisers) is still work in
progress.

You would be better off using the Public version of GNAT, which is at
this point 3.15p.  It uses an older GCC back-end (2.8.1) but is very
stable.  You can find a complete binary distribution, complete with
Glade and ASIS, on ftp://ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/3.15p.

If you want to ascertain the version of GNAT you are using, try this:

$ gnatmake -v foo

(foo need not exist)

HTH

PS. If you want to ascertain the version of GNAT you are using, try

--
Ludovic Brenta.

* Re: Annex E Glade and gcc 3.2.2 - Distro Available ?
@ 2003-09-03 16:12   ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2003-09-03 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ludovic Brenta <ludovic.brenta@skynet.be> writes:

> "Joe Simon" <jb.simon@lmco.com> writes:
>
> > Hi All !
> >
> > I have a Linux Rehat 9 distribution with gcc 3.2.2 and gnat (v ?? I'm not
> > sure how to find the version of the preinstalled gnat).

Use 'gnatls -v'

That produces output that's easier to read than 'gnatmake -v foo' when
foo doesn't exist.

--
-- Stephe

* Re: Annex E Glade and gcc 3.2.2 - Distro Available ?
@ 2003-09-03 17:33     ` Joe Simon
From: Joe Simon @ 2003-09-03 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Stephen Leake" <Stephe.Leake@nasa.gov> wrote in message
> Ludovic Brenta <ludovic.brenta@skynet.be> writes:
>
> > "Joe Simon" <jb.simon@lmco.com> writes:
> >
> > > Hi All !
> > >
> > > I have a Linux Rehat 9 distribution with gcc 3.2.2 and gnat (v ?? I'm
not
> > > sure how to find the version of the preinstalled gnat).
>
> Use 'gnatls -v'
>
> That produces output that's easier to read than 'gnatmake -v foo' when
> foo doesn't exist.
>
> --
> -- Stephe

thanks