From: "Rick Selby" <rjs130@york.ac.uk>
Subject: Audio Input Package
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 15:56:40 +0100
Date: 2003-09-03T14:49:41+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

After quite some time searching round the internet I've decided I'm not
looking in the right places, and the newsgroups would be a good place to
start.

I'm looking for an Audio Input package of sorts - I need to open an audio
file (probably just WAV format will do) and look at it. I don't need to
directly access the sound card, nor play sound back through the speakers
(although I guess that would be cool, but not necessary).

Anyone have any ideas where I could find such a thing? If not, then
something in C that could be linked (or whatever the right word is) into Ada
and used would do just as well. I can see the latter being more available...
but still don't seem to know the right places to look.

All help appreciated, thanks.

--Rick