From: Vinzent Hoefler <ada.rocks@jlfencey.com>
Subject: Re: ASM 86 file for use with GNAT for MS-DOS
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 13:59:00 +0200
Date: 2003-08-05T13:59:00+02:00	[thread overview]

Debs Wisbey wrote:

>I have the old *.obj file that was generated and wondered if it is
>possible for me to link this file using GNAT 3.10p for MS-DOS?

Probably not. I doubt that Alsys uses the same format (COFF), if it is
32-bit yet at all.

>  If
>not, can anyone suggest an alternative assembler, with good
>documentation, that I could use to create a new object file?

You could try NASM at <URL:http://nasm.sourceforge.net>.

But be warned: even if these sources assemble some day, that doesn't
mean, that everything will work as expected. I suspect your old files
assume a 16-bit-model and GNAT is 32-bit, so depending on what exactly
the assembly files are for, that can make a huge difference.

The better approach would be to rewrite it...

Vinzent.