From: Guillaume Foliard <guifo@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Re: GNU gcov tool with gnat 3.14p
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 00:04:26 +0200
Date: 2003-07-31T22:04:29+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

Martin Moosbrucker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am currently using the GNU gcov tool for code analysis on a RedHat 7.3
> operating system. This tool seems to work fine for non-generic packages.
> For non generic packages I get a listing of code along with the frequency
> of execution for each line:

I strongly advise you to have a look at Valgrind with the calltree extension
plus the KCachegrind GUI (see links at the end). I've just started to learn
those tools and I have to say the combination of the three is very pleasant
to use. KCachegrind includes a source annotation display, but I've not
checked yet if generic packages are handled properly.

Valgrind :

http://developer.kde.org/~sewardj

KCachegrind and calltree :

http://kcachegrind.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/show.cgi