From: Anatoly Chernyshev <achernyshev@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: GPUs and CUDA
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 10:45:44 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2011-07-11T10:45:44-07:00	[thread overview]

On Jul 9, 3:18 am, a...@att.net wrote:
> It seams that Graphics is not a major subsystem for the Ada maintainers.
> Maybe that will change for for now the answers are No and No!
>
> You might find some Graphic links in the GNAT Ada for Java. But for
> the most part Ada is Text only, with a few third parties binding
> packages for SDL and openGL graphic engines.

Well, the most attractive application of CUDA is not the graphics, but
parallel computing using modern graphic chips. The performance gain
for the parallelizable programs, which can use CUDA, is pretty
significant on a PC. I was looking into using it myself, and eagerly
waiting when somebody comes up with the Ada binding.