From: Michael R <michael@zanyblue.com>
Subject: No "pragma Deprecated (NAME)"?
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:47:28 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2010-01-20T19:47:28-08:00	[thread overview]

Hi folks,

I was re-organizing some code and wanted to change some procedure/
function names, e.g.,

    function To_String (T : My_Type) return String;

becomes

   function Name (T : My_Type) return String;

Without consulting the docs, I tried

   function Name (T : My_Type) return String;
   function To_String (T : My_Type) return String
      renames Name;
   pragma Deprecated (To_String);

I guess I'm too used to annotating methods in Java and was surprised I
couldn't do this in Ada.

The only way to do this is to simply rename and fix the compilation
errors which is may be in the Ada style: just get it right.

Take care,
Michael.