From: Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org>
Subject: Re: i need help please
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 02:42:54 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2011-02-21T02:42:54-08:00	[thread overview]

Hi plink,

For a total beginner, my recommendation is "Ada 95: The Craft of
Object-Oriented Programming" by John English. It is available online
here[1]; there are several other books[2].  In your first reading, you
can skip the part about tasking; instead, you should then learn about
the standard Ada.Containers that were added in Ada 2005; the Ada 2005
Rationale[3] contains a good introduction to them in Chapter 8.

[1] http://www.it.bton.ac.uk/staff/je/adacraft/
[2] http://www.adaic.org/learn/materials/
[3] http://www.adaic.org/resources/add_content/standards/05rat/html/Rat-TOC.html

As for getting a compiler and development environment for your
computer, see the extensive list[4] in the Ada Programming
wikibook[5]:

[4] http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Programming/Installing
[5] http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ada_Programming

I realize this is a lot of material; hopefully this is all you will
need to learn the basics of language.  Feel free to come back here on
comp.lang.ada if you have any more questions.

Hope this helps

--
Ludovic Brenta.