From: "Riccardo Fulcoli" <rfulcoli@amsjv.it>
Subject: ATOI
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:39:07 +0200
Date: 2003-07-11T10:39:07+02:00	[thread overview]

HI!
I'm having problems reguarding the input/output from files in text mode.
Exactly I would like to read a field as a string of 50 characters(and for
that i'm using the redirection of the input) and after that to convert it in
a number (an integer).
i.e. I'm looking for a function like the C "atoi".
Of course I already know that the content of the field is a numeric one but
the unchecked conversions seems not to be good at the purpose.
Is there someone that could help me???
Thanks ;)

Riccardo