From: 18k11tm001@sneakemail.com (Russ)
Subject: Re: Grace 0.51 released
Date: 30 Oct 2003 13:20:24 -0800
Date: 2003-10-30T13:20:24-08:00	[thread overview]

Stephen Leake <Stephe.Leake@nasa.gov> wrote in message news:<u4qxuei06.fsf@nasa.gov>...
> I've made a new release of Grace, _the_ community Ada library :).
> Config_Files has been improved. See
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/grace/.
>

> In the context of the long-lasting "yet another Ada library" thread,
> remember all the discussion a couple years ago about Grace? How many
> people have contributed? Two.
>
> If we do get a community library going, let's at least use the name
> Grace (for Grace Hopper), and not CAL or whatever.

FYI, the name GRACE is also used for a free, open-source plotting tool
that I use almost daily. See http://plasma-gate.weizmann.ac.il/Grace

From the website:

"Grace is a WYSIWYG 2D plotting tool for the X Window System and
M*tif. Grace runs on practically any version of Unix-like OS. As well,
it has been successfully ported to VMS, OS/2, and Win9*/NT/2000/XP
(some minor functionality may be missing, though)."