* vector/matrix packages in Ada
@ 2001-07-12 18:59 Russ
From: Russ @ 2001-07-12 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am new to Ada (I just compiled "Hello, world" yesterday). What is
available in the way of stable vector/matrix packages for numerical
computing in Ada. Is there any actual or de facto standard in that
area? Thanks.

Russ

* Re: vector/matrix packages in Ada
@ 2001-07-12 20:24 ` Joachim Schr�er
From: Joachim Schr�er @ 2001-07-12 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo,

you could look at http://www.adapower.com/schroer/lib-src.zip .
You will find some generic packages (math.generics.arrays.matrix_operations
and others) containing matrix / vector algebra.
I have also numerical algorithms (a subset of LINACK for linear algebra,
linear equation sovlvers, etc. and a subset of EISPACK for
eigenvalue/eigenvector problems using HQREV / HQREW). This software is in
Ada83 and I intend to adapt it to Ada95 (give it a hierarchical package
structure, use new attributes and packages from the Predefined Language
Environment etc.) before publishing it.
I think I cannot do this job before the end of the year, so contact me if
you want the Ada83 packages.

--
Joachim Schr�er

@ 2001-07-12 20:53 ` M. A. Alves
From: M. A. Alves @ 2001-07-12 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

> I am new to Ada (I just compiled "Hello, world" yesterday). What is
> available in the way of stable vector/matrix packages for numerical
> computing in Ada. Is there any actual or de facto standard in that
> area? Thanks.

The best available library I know for this is Matt Weber's.

--
   ,
 M A R I O   data miner, LIACC, room 221   tel 351+226078830, ext 121