* Address attribute of an overloaded function
@ 2008-04-18 13:54 Ian
From: Ian @ 2008-04-18 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, I've got a window file with 4 different create window procedures.
I'm trying to put a logger in to allow backtracing by function address
and name, but I can't get it to take the address of these 4
functions.  I was wondering if any one knew of a way around this.  I'm
inside of the functions when writing to the log so something
equivalent to C++'s 'this' pointer would work, and the functions
obviously have different signatures, but I don't know how to specify
more than the name with 'Address.  Any ideas?

* Re: Address attribute of an overloaded function
@ 2008-04-18 20:04 ` Adam Beneschan
From: Adam Beneschan @ 2008-04-18 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Apr 18, 6:54 am, Ian <ian.will...@techrizon.com> wrote:
> Hi, I've got a window file with 4 different create window procedures.
> I'm trying to put a logger in to allow backtracing by function address
> and name, but I can't get it to take the address of these 4
> functions.  I was wondering if any one knew of a way around this.

Rename the subprogram you want, then take the address of that.

                                   -- Adam

* Re: Address attribute of an overloaded function
@ 2008-04-18 20:25 ` george.priv
From: george.priv @ 2008-04-18 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Apr 18, 9:54 am, Ian <ian.will...@techrizon.com> wrote:
> Hi, I've got a window file with 4 different create window procedures.
> I'm trying to put a logger in to allow backtracing by function address
> and name, but I can't get it to take the address of these 4
> functions.  I was wondering if any one knew of a way around this.  I'm
> inside of the functions when writing to the log so something
> equivalent to C++'s 'this' pointer would work, and the functions
> obviously have different signatures, but I don't know how to specify
> more than the name with 'Address.  Any ideas?

I am not sure that is the best approach to do what you want to do. If
you have an exception, you can get stack trace retrieved by
Exception_Information call (you have to enable this function).  Or put
tracers in each of your create window procedures.

G.