From: ed.tkacz@juno.com (takizzle)
Subject: using java from within ada - AONIX
Date: 29 Aug 2004 07:48:53 -0700
Date: 2004-08-29T07:48:53-07:00	[thread overview]

Hey,

   I am having troubles with the AoNIX ObjectAda 95 compiler and
trying to use java within
Ada.  What I have done has rewritten some functionality in java and I
want to use it within
the existing ada code. Here is what I have done:

1) I wrote my java class
2) compiled it under java 1.1.8 - apparently the latest version Aonix
understands.
3) ran the java2ada tool to create my binding
4) compiled the ada binding under the JavaVM-V7.2.1 compiler..

From here I don't know what to do. I am not even sure what I am doing
is possible.. I tried
withing the ada binding I created and compiled and it is throwing an
error saying it couldn't
compile due to errors..  My guess is that I have to build everything
under the JavaVM_V7.2.1
environment as opposed to the Native version for this to work.. Is
there no way to just pragma
import java functionality into ada through the native environment?

Ed