* GPS on MacOS 10.9 doesn't find GTKAda
@ 2014-02-07 23:16 Laurent
From: Laurent @ 2014-02-07 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I am learning Ada. For the moment a GUI is not really needed for my programs but i was curious and tried the Xadalib-2013 which contains GtkAda and some other things precompiled for MacOS.

Put this in my profile file:

PATH=/usr/local/bin:usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/go/bin:$PATH
#path for gnat ada compiler + gtkada
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/xadalib-2013/bin:/usr/local/gnat/bin:$PATH
export GPR_PROJECT_PATH=/usr/local/xadalib-2013/lib/gnat:$GPR_PROJECT_PATH
export XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/local/xadalib-2013/share

When I try to compile this:

with gtkada.gpr

procedure Test is
Begin
    Null;
End Test;

Fails with the message that gtkada.ads can't be found.

This code code from open classroom fails with the message that gtk.ads can't be found.

WITH Gtk.Main ;       USE Gtk.Main ;
WITH Gtk.Window ;     USE Gtk.Window ;

PROCEDURE Test01 IS
   win : Gtk_window ;
BEGIN
   Init ;
   Gtk_New(Win) ;
   Win.show_all ;
   Main ;
END Test01 ;

Thanks

Laurent

* Re: GPS on MacOS 10.9 doesn't find GTKAda
@ 2014-02-10  0:48 ` John B. Matthews
From: John B. Matthews @ 2014-02-10  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2/7/14, 6:16 PM, Laurent wrote:

> I am learning Ada. For the moment a GUI is not really needed for my programs but i was curious and tried the Xadalib-2013 which contains GtkAda and some other things precompiled for MacOS.
>
> Put this in my profile file:
>
> PATH=/usr/local/bin:usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/go/bin:$PATH
> #path for gnat ada compiler + gtkada
> export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/xadalib-2013/bin:/usr/local/gnat/bin:$PATH
> export GPR_PROJECT_PATH=/usr/local/xadalib-2013/lib/gnat:$GPR_PROJECT_PATH
> export XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/local/xadalib-2013/share
>
> When I try to compile this:
>
> with gtkada.gpr
>
> procedure Test is
> Begin
>      Null;
> End Test;
>
> Fails with the message that gtkada.ads can't be found.
>
> This code code from open classroom fails with the message that gtk.ads can't be found.
>
> WITH Gtk.Main ;       USE Gtk.Main ;
> WITH Gtk.Window ;     USE Gtk.Window ;
>

> PROCEDURE Test01 IS
>     win : Gtk_window ;
> BEGIN
>     Init ;
>     Gtk_New(Win) ;
>     Win.show_all ;
>     Main ;
> END Test01 ;

You can use the gtkada-config script to get the required compiler and
linker arguments:

gnatmake test01 `gtkada-config`

Alternatively, you can 'with "gtkada"` in your .gpr file, as discussed here:

<http://stackoverflow.com/a/7464775/230513>

Both approaches are covered in "Getting started with GtkAda":

<http://docs.adacore.com/gtkada-docs/gtkada_ug/_build/html/getting_started.html#how-to-compile-an-application-with-gtkada>

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com

* Re: GPS on MacOS 10.9 doesn't find GTKAda
@ 2014-02-10  8:35 ` briot.emmanuel
From: briot.emmanuel @ 2014-02-10  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

You cannot "with" a project file from an Ada source file (as you do in test.adb)
You do this from your own project file instead.

* Re: GPS on MacOS 10.9 doesn't find GTKAda
@ 2014-02-12 20:12   ` Laurent
From: Laurent @ 2014-02-12 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

@briot.e...@gmail.com:
> You cannot "with" a project file from an Ada source file (as you do in test.adb)
>
> You do this from your own project file instead.

Thank you very much. I have read the threads on stack overflow but I never interpreted it
to put the "with gtkada" into the .gpr file.

* Re: GPS on MacOS 10.9 doesn't find GTKAda
@ 2014-02-12 20:18   ` Laurent
From: Laurent @ 2014-02-12 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Montag, 10. Februar 2014 01:48:20 UTC+1 schrieb John B. Matthews:

> Both approaches are covered in "Getting started with GtkAda":

> <http://docs.adacore.com/gtkada-docs/gtkada_ug/_build/html/getting_started.html#how-to-compile-an-application-with-gtkada>

@John B. Matthews

From docs.adacore:
>To build your own application, you should then setup a project file (see the GNAT documentation for >more details on project files), which simply contains the statement:

Oops. I think I have read this article put somehow I have ignored this line :(
Is quite clear compared to the stack overflow threads.

Now both tests compile. Don't really need it for the moment but now I now that GPS works as it should.

Thank you very much