From: "M. Enzmann" <enzmann.m@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: Libre GPL 2012 on Mac OS-X to AVR target?
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 02:37:00 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2013-09-12T02:37:00-07:00	[thread overview]

Hello John,

AdaCore do have a GNAT2012 compiler that supports AVR, however not for
Mac OS as the host-system.

The only feasible way to cross-compile for AVR on a Mac would be, to
install AVR-Ada. Not easy going however:

http://sourceforge.net/p/avr-ada/wiki/Home/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/avr-ada/files/avr-ada/

You'd have to compile the binutils, gcc (with GNAT), the libc and
the AVR-Ada runtime. I can be done (I managed once) but it's far
from trivial. The main issue being, that the build instructions from
Linux are only almost usable for Mac OS :-(

If you want to try it: good luck and happy coding afterwards.

Cheers,

Marc