From: Georg Bauhaus <sb463ba@d2-hrz.uni-duisburg.de>
Subject: Re: GMGPL, where can I get it?
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 12:28:31 +0000 (UTC)
Date: 2003-06-15T12:28:31+00:00	[thread overview]

David Holm <david@realityrift.com> wrote:
: Hi,
: I'm looking for a GMGPL license file, do you know if any exist?
: All projects that use GMGPL seems to come with an unmodified version of GPL v2 =(.
: If there is no license file, do you know where I can find the exact definition of the GMGPL?
:
: //David Holm

from the GNAT RM:
"@item Modified_GPL
This is used for a unit licensed under the GNAT modified GPL that includes
a special exception paragraph that specifically permits the inclusion of
the unit in programs without requiring the entire program to be released
under the GPL@.  This is the license used for the GNAT run-time which ensures
that the run-time can be used freely in any program without GPL concerns."

and from a gnatinfo.txt:
"For more information on the licensing provisions, consult the headers
of the appropriate source files."

So, concluding, I'd say that the license is described in the COPYING
file, with the special exception to which the previous quote refers.
But IANAL.

See also
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html

-- Georg