* Java to Ada...
@ 2001-10-06  0:55     ` David Emery
From: David Emery @ 2001-10-06  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

...  Last I heard, the author was working on an
> option to produce Ada source files from the class files.

Karl Nyberg and I did a paper on this for Ada Europe a couple
of years ago.  There's one really significant problem with
generating Ada package specs from  class files, and that is
that the parameter names are missing.

Otherwise, most of what you'd want to know about a class can
be figured out from the class file, which is kind of neat.

By the way, the absence of named parameter notation is #2 on my
list of big mistakes in the Java language.  #1 is the lack of
separation of spec and body.

         dave

* Java to Ada
@ 2010-04-02  5:43 Michelle
From: Michelle @ 2010-04-02  5:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anybody have experience going from Java to Ada?  Especially when
you need to call a running service?  Any helps or hints would be
appreciated.

Thanks.

* Re: Java to Ada
@ 2010-04-02 20:27 ` Maciej Sobczak
From: Maciej Sobczak @ 2010-04-02 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2 Kwi, 07:43, Michelle <shannonkenn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anybody have experience going from Java to Ada?  Especially when
> you need to call a running service?

What do you mean by "call a running service"? What kind of "call"?

--
Maciej Sobczak * http://www.inspirel.com

YAMI4 - Messaging Solution for Distributed Systems
http://www.inspirel.com/yami4