From: Jerry <lanceboyle@qwest.net>
Subject: Re: ANN: SparForte 1.3 (Release Candidate)
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 15:47:52 -0800 (PST)
Date: 2012-02-06T15:47:52-08:00	[thread overview]

On Feb 4, 3:37 pm, Master of Magic <kobur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> SparForte 1.3 (Release Candidate)
>     Type : Programming Language
> Platforms: Linux i386/x86_64/Alpha and FreeBSD
>   License: GPL
>
>   Home URL:http://www.pegasoft.ca/sparforte.html
> Source URL:https://github.com/kburtch/SparForte
>
> SparForte is an Ada-based command shell, template engine and scripting
> language.  There are 23 built-in
> packages and more than 80 example scripts.
>
> The sources on GitHub should be considered a release candidate for
> version 1.3.  If you are interested, please try it out and notify me
> of any bugs you find.
>
> Changes in Version 1.3
>
> - with separate (that is, include files)
> - new memcache packages
> - new JSON functions and related pragmas
> - support for unit testing
>
> See ChangeLog in the sources for a complete list.
>
> Started in 2001 as the Business Shell, SparForte is an open project
> project.  Because I'm working on this in my spare time, let me know if
> you find SparForte useful.  Volunteers are encouraged to contribute
> examples, tutorials, new built-in packages, post examples to Rosetta
> Code, etc.
>
> Ken B.
> Application Architect, Toronto, Canada

This looks awesome. I took a weak stab at building for OS X (Darwin)
but with no luck. I made a copy of bush_linux.ads and named it
bush_darwin.ads (with the expectation that I would have to delete the
stuff on accessing a CD drive) and variously tried ./configure --
arch=darwin and ./configure --arch=i386 since uname -s gives Darwin
and uname -p gives i386 but could not get past the note beginning with
"SparForte requires a bush_os.ads file to make operating system
calls."

Jerry