From: sjw <simon.j.wright@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Taking another spanking.
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 12:30:41 -0700 (PDT)
Date: 2009-06-05T12:30:41-07:00	[thread overview]

On Jun 4, 1:43 am, a...@anon.org (anon) wrote:

Are you really just one person, or a collective? Sometimes you're
sensible, sometimes plain bananas .. this time on the sensible side. I
wish you'd admit to your real name!

> But some like you talk that Ada should NEVER go beyond the RM and use
> Sockets, that is just wrong. Ada like all languages must be able to adapt and
> handle all devices both physical as well as virtual to be compatible to be used
> for all applications. Else its the death by limitation of the language.

Nothing wrong with GNAT.Sockets, use it all the time. But see no need
to go the .Thin level. If I did, I wouldn't moan at AdaCore for
changing it.

> But then again, I think it was you that stated last year that if you rewrote
> or updated "C2Ada" you would never write the program in Ada!

c2ada is written in C, with some Python that I haven't had to
understand yet (and which seem to be related to converting C _bodies_
to Ada, not a sensible project or one likely to lead to success IMO).

So I might have said that I would rewrite it in Ada; but now, given
that AdaCore have announced a conversion facility, I think I'll find
something more worth while.