* Ada 9X and HOOD
@ 1995-02-28 12:18 Joe Wood
From: Joe Wood @ 1995-02-28 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

HI,

I'm currently using HOOD (release 3.1) as the basis of a tool I am
developing for analysing software architecture.

Since Ada 83 is NOT strictly object-oriented, and Ada 9X attempts to
address some of these shortcomings, I was wondering if HOOD was going
to be updated to include the new features?

Thanks in advance
Joe Wood,       email: joew@cogs.susx.ac.uk
School of Cognitive and Computing Sciences,
University of Sussex.

* Re: Ada 9X and HOOD
@ 1995-03-03 10:54 ` Willem Treurniet
From: Willem Treurniet @ 1995-03-03 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

joew@cogs.susx.ac.uk (Joe Wood) writes:

>HI,

>I'm currently using HOOD (release 3.1) as the basis of a tool I am
>developing for analysing software architecture.

>Since Ada 83 is NOT strictly object-oriented, and Ada 9X attempts to
>address some of these shortcomings, I was wondering if HOOD was going
>to be updated to include the new features?

A new release of the HOOD Reference Manual (version 4.0) is currently under
approval within the HOOD User Group. HOOD 4.0 captures the Ada 9X language
concepts in a similar manner as HOOD 3.x captured the Ada 83 language concepts. The final version of HOOD 4.0 is foreseen to be released in Q1 1995.

Several vendors provide tool support for HOOD. Two of them, Sema Group
(Concerto/HOOD) and Techniques Nouvelles d'Informatique (STOOD), have planned
support for HOOD 4.0 in the near future.

The secretary of the HOOD User Group (Jean-Francois Muller) can be contacted at
muller@SOLEIL.matra-espace.fr

Regards,

Willem Treurniet
* Willem Treurniet                                                            *
* TNO Physics and Electronics Laboratory                  Fax: +31 70 3280961 *
* PO Box 96864                                          Phone: +31 70 3264221 *

* Re: Ada 9X and HOOD
@ 1995-03-03 20:19 ` Jardine Barrington-Cook
From: Jardine Barrington-Cook @ 1995-03-03 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3iv4ab$3o1@infa.central.susx.ac.uk> joew@cogs.susx.ac.uk (Joe Wood) writes:
>From: joew@cogs.susx.ac.uk (Joe Wood)
>Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada
>Subject: Ada 9X and HOOD
>Date: 28 Feb 1995 12:18:19 GMT

>HI,

>I'm currently using HOOD (release 3.1) as the basis of a tool I am
>developing for analysing software architecture.

>Since Ada 83 is NOT strictly object-oriented, and Ada 9X attempts to
>address some of these shortcomings, I was wondering if HOOD was going
>to be updated to include the new features?

>Thanks in advance
>--
>Joe Wood,       email: joew@cogs.susx.ac.uk
>School of Cognitive and Computing Sciences,
>University of Sussex.

You just missed the HOOD User Group AGM!

The HOOD User Group has been working on HOOD V4, which should support Ada 95,
and C++ as target languages. The HOOD User Group should be voting on the
adoption of HOOD 4 this year - we hope to do it at the Ada in Europe
Conference in October. In the meantime HUG members can already get a draft
refence manual for version 4, and we would welcome your comments.

If you want more details please mail me as

barrington@logica.com

If you want to join the HUG email

hug@spacebel.be

Cheers

Jardine Barrington-Cook    ! "...See worlds on worlds compose one universe
Space Division - Logica    ! observe how system into system runs..."
...personal opinions,      !
subject to change...       ! A. Pope - from "An Essay on Man", 1773